Tuesday, April 6, 2004

a quick bonjour from Provence

Bonjour all!

Actually, bon soir for us, so I'm off to bed soon. Just wanted to send signs of life and assure you that we are still having a fantastic time in Provence, especially now that the weather is giving the occasional nod toward spring.

Val and I have returned to Saignon after 5 days roaming south-central Provence in a tiny white globular rental car-- I called it the Ford Egg. In the last few days we have encountered Roman aqueducts, fleets of flamingoes, and French lesbians, and eaten a great deal of cheese, bread, and olive tapenade. Most days we go hiking for several hours, through increasingly flower-bedecked mountain forests, ravines full of caves, and ruins ranging from prehistoric through Roman and medieval on up to the last century.

I hope to post details soon. Tomorrow we will take in the sights in Avignon, including the popes' palace. I hope everyone is well.

No comments: